Sunday, April 18, 2010

March 2010

I am behind on updating here, so I will post a March and an April entry to get things up to speed. Contrary to popular advice, I started pumpkins indoors. I really want some pumpkins this year, so I am trying to get a head start.

I also planted peas outside, and started broccoli and cauliflower and the second batch of greens inside this month.

I am updating my garden calendar as I go so that next year I can be a bit more realistic. For instance I am NOT going to do 5 batches of greens to follow with succession planting. That is just way too hectic and too much trouble. I suppose some people do it, but they must have a super indoor system that doesn't require any bending, balancing, or guessing where their next start tray will fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment