Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tomatoes!

Tomatoes are starting to ripen!

We picked our first tomatoes on Friday. So far, the plants are very healthy and the fruit is perfect! I believe I picked some Early Girl tomatoes and definitely some cherry variety but not sure which.

The squash plants are getting big now. The eggplants and peppers are growing fast and putting out fruit that is growing fast now.

We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Portland and I'm a big concerned about my very little starts, but so far they are doing alright.

To do in the garden for the next week/weekend:
-Finish filling the new raised beds with dirt (we have two new concrete lined ones IN the garden
-Plant the kale, chicory, lettuces, chard, brussel sprouts, etc the first week of August
-Harvest mulberries and figs and plums and save mulberries and figs for canning/jams
-Take stock of what we have and see if we can guess how much MORE we need (of Winter gardening plants!)

I think that is it! Oh, and of course harvest my perfect little eggplant!

No comments:

Post a Comment